People in Albuquerque may think getting busted with a little marijuana results in only a ticket and a fine. But state police officers were sent to Albuquerque in May to crack down on crime, and they’re enforcing state law. That means there’s still a way for even small amounts of weed or paraphernalia to put people here in cuffs.
Video: Deputy Used Stun Gun On Student With Disability - The Associated Press A northern New Mexico sheriff's deputy is facing criticism after a video showed him using a stun gun on a high school student with a disability. This story corrects a previous version to say the student used the slur not the deputy.
This week on The Children's Hour , we’re broadcasting live from Albuquerque’s Open Space Visitor Center with Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller . The Kids Crew will follow up on our interview from when he first took office. With featured musical guest Robb Janov , and a special performance by the New Mexico Peace Choir . Everyone is invited to join us at the Open Space Visitor Center on Saturday June 1, when doors will open at 8:30am. The whole family is welcome to be part of this live broadcast, then stay to enjoy the beautiful bosque.
- E-Flite E-Flite Night Radian FT PNP (EFL3675)
- Wentworth Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle Westminster Palace 250 piece
- HPI 8273 Subaru Legacy RS Sweden Rally 1992 - Per Eklund 1 43 Scale
- Old toy lot of 6 motorcycles
- Corgi The Beatles Sgt Pepper album cover bus exceptional condition.
- MINICRAFT model aircraft Cessna 150 - 1 48 scale kit No. 11608 factory sealed
- WWE Maximum Agression Rey Mysterio 12” Action Figure Series 1
- 1 6 Scale Shotgun From Hot Toys MMS136 The Terminator T-800 Action Figures
- Celts Campaign Sourcebook - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition HR3 9376 MAP
- Tamiya italeri. SHERMAN M3 LEE U.S. Tanks 1 35 Scale Model Kits bundle
- SNOWTROOPERS STAR WARS EP VII HOT TOYS
- Scalextric C32 Mercedes in brown with white roof, mint car looks unused and boxe
- DYN Tazer Mini Brushless WP ESC 25A (DYNS1425)
- VTech Baby 164703 Toot-Toot Drivers Racing Rampway - Multicolour
- Spark Models 1 43 Scale Resin S1391 - Lola T70 Mk3 BOAC 500 1967
Let's Talk New Mexico
Let's Talk New Mexico 5/23 8a: Higher than average rainfall and snowpack means we're experiencing one of its wettest springs in decades. The Rio Grande is running ten times higher than it was at this time during last year's drought. So much water increases flood risks and challenges us to remain conservation minded. Has all the rain changed your plans for farming or planting gardens? How are you remaining water conscious? Do you plan to go river rafting or sailing on one of our state’s lakes this year? Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet us using the hashtag #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
It's awards season for journalists and we're proud to annouce that the New Mexico Broadcasters Association has recogized KUNM news coverage for Excellence in Broadcasting with top awards for Breaking News, Feature News, Continuing Coverage, Legislative Coverage, Best Student Newscaster and Student Reporter.
University Showcase 5/17 8a: Jim Linnell was six months away from retirement from the University of New Mexico when he became a quadriplegic. His new book, “Take It Lying Down,” chronicles his life since the accident.
Public Health New Mexico
Having a lot of abandoned or foreclosed homes in your community can hurt morale and drag down property values. A group of neighborhood associations in Southeast Albuquerque are taking things into their own hands.